‘The annual XYZ Blues Festival is happening next weekend’ is a parish notice. But start by saying ‘Veteran Louisiana guitarist, Wild Boy Williams visits the UK for the first time in 50 years to appear at the XYZ Blues Festival…’ and the story starts to get interesting. The journalist is more likely to be hooked and reeled in.
There are plenty of hooks to choose from. Here are a few:
- Achieving a world first
- Appointing a new senior manager
- Serving the thousandth/millionth customer
- Announcing record-breaking profits
- Creating more jobs
- Introducing a greener initiative
- Hosting a visit by a celebrity
- Inventing a problem-solving product
- Praising the achievement of an employee
- Sponsoring a worthy cause
- Bringing something new and unique to the community
Click here for some more ideas.
media relations news angle journalists